Maynooth University, Ireland, 27th-29th June 2019
Organiser: Mary Boyle, Irish Research Council Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The conference is funded by the Irish Research Council.
Proposals are invited for papers for a conference on International Medievalisms in June 2019.
Plenary Speakers: Dr Nadia Altschul (Glasgow) and Dr Andrew Elliott (Lincoln)
Proposals are encouraged from early career researchers (postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers), and a limited number of travel bursaries are available.
Topics could include, but are not limited to:
Methodologies and approaches· is medieval reception inherently cross-cultural?
· popular and/or scholarly international medievalisms
· religious and cultural approaches to international medievalisms
· medievalisms and postcolonial theory
· international architectural medievalisms
Does place matter?· global medievalisms
· international (mis)use of medieval imagery
· temporal and geographical alterity
· the impact of Eurocentric medievalisms
· country-specific approaches
From chapbooks to the internet· cyclical medievalisms
· early international medievalisms
· Reformation medievalism
· period-specific approaches
· international medievalisms and the contemporary world
· international medievalisms in the visual arts
Papers should be 30 minutes in duration. Proposals should include name, affiliation,