Monday, April 23, 2012
CFP SELIM 24th International Conference
SELIM, the Spanish Society for Mediaeval English Language and Literature, and the local organising committee invite members of the Society and all other scholars interested in the field to participate in the 24th International SELIM Conference, which will be hosted by the Department of English of the University of Salamanca from October 4th to October 6th 2012.
The following keynote speakers have already confirmed their participation in the conference:
- Manfred Markus (University of Innsbruck): "The survival of Middle English in modern English dialects: A reappraisal"
- Raymond Hickey (University of Essen): "The shift of the English sound system between Old and Middle English"
- Peter S. Baker (University of Virginia): "Of Queens and Angels: A new look at the "Peaceweaver" of Old English poetry"
- Trinidad Guzman Gonzalez (University of Leon): (Title to be announced)
- Mercedes Salvador Bello (University of Seville): "When the enigmata met the encyclopedia: An overview of the structural organization of Early Medieval Latin Riddle Collections and the Exeter Book Riddles"
The organisers welcome papers dealing with any aspect of mediaeval English language and literature and particularly encourage the submission of papers that offer new readings or perspectives on mediaeval English texts, as well as new approaches and analytical techniques.
Scholars interested in offering 20-minute papers (followed by a 10-minute discussion) must send a 200-250 word abstract in electronic format (MSWord or RTF) via e-mail to email@example.com. Abstracts should include name(s), institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s), as well as e-mail address and the technical support required for the presentation. Please note that the deadline for abstract submission has been extended to 1 June 2012. Acceptance of proposals will be confirmed by 30 June.
Registration to the conference will be opened soon.
For further information (accommodation, etc), please visit our website:
Looking forward to welcoming you in Salamanca,