Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chad Gospels online

Dear Colleagues,

I should have sent this announcement out in the fall, but I now have Lichfield Cathedral's St Chad Gospels (8th century) and Wycliffe New Testament (~1410) available online: I used a monochrome camera for the imaging, taking at least twelve different spectral bands for each page. I've designed the website to allow for the overlay of any two images within a page's image set, including RGB. I have a slide bar to allow for the adjustment of the top image's transparency to help sort out hard to discern details. 


Bill Endres
University of Kentucky
Division of Writing, Rhetoric and Digital Studies
Lexington, KY 40506

1 comment:

tenthmedieval said...

How marvellous! Thanks for passing on the news. That's lots of fun to play with and has lots of interesting marginalia to explore.